The Light of a Family

This week was SO incredibly hard, but it was also filled with lessons straight from Heaven. I feel so much joy it's overwhelming! The Lord answers prayers in such an unexpected way.

That's not what I wanted to blog about though! I just got home from visiting a family that has truly changed my life.






The Lindsey's love has truly changed and shaped my life. Every chance I get to talk to them I leave feeling so much love and joy and peace. When I visited them today I was able to read an email from Mckay too! He is in TACOMA, WASHINGTON. He is so funny. He writes his letters just how he talks and it makes me so happy. He tells so many stories. Mckay always had a story for me. Sometimes they were a little disturbing. I would always ask him why he would tell me disturbing stories and he would just say, "I don't know." Haha! The most amazing thing about the Lindsey's is their love. Especially their love for each other. Their lives are centered around the Gospel and you can feel it when you talk to them and spend time with them. I love them so much. They are a light in my life. 

In the past week I have felt so many emotions. It has been exhausting. There is something that I need to declare though. I just feel it so strongly and am so thankful. 

I am a daughter of God. 
I have the potential and all the essential tools built inside of me to be exactly what God is. That is His desire for me.
I matter to Him.
My feelings and desires are known to Him.
He loves me.
He loves me so much that He would allow me to get hurt to teach me precious truths essential to return to Him.
He stands by me when I choose the right and He will never forsake me.
He is the light and it is His light that illuminates my soul.
I will conquer and overcome all through His name. 
He lives. 
And I am His daughter. 


No comments