Magnificent Monday

Okay, so maybe I should be doing my homework right now, but all I want to do is blog. So that's what I am going to do.

For my English class I am supposed to write an autobiography and instead of writing I thought of all the things that I have experienced in my short 19 (soon to be 20) years. I thought a lot about my childhood and all the funny memories with my siblings. I reminded my siblings today about when we would sit around singing Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys. We all had a part and it sounded legit. Yeah, we all agreed we were pretty cool. 

Sometimes I wonder how I got to be where I am. 
Today was one of those days that I could see the Lord's hand in my life so clearly. He has kept me in the palms of his hands and has guided my life. 

I enjoyed a beautiful bike ride to the pond by my house today. I always forget how amazing St. George is. The weather is perfect. Again, I felt God's love. I saw it in the rich colors of the grass and the golden sunshine. 

In my Family Relationships class we are studying the chapter on Love. I am humbled by the amount of love that I have been able to experience in my life. Especially from my Savior. I knew that this last summer and this year would bring unexpected things, but I never imagined that I could go through so much in such a short period of time. I would pray just to be prepared for what was coming. Honestly, I wasn't. But, the Lord was and the whole time He was waiting for me to turn to him. He was waiting for me to seek Him so He could encompass me in His love.

This last weekend I realized something. I know what I was sent to earth to do. It is an overwhelming urge sometimes and sometimes it makes me feel as light as a falling feather. 

My divine potential is to create an eternal family and raise righteous children unto the Lord. I was sent to be a righteous mother in Zion. In a family class that I took at BYU-I, my teacher would repeat a phrase that I will never forget."Be intentional in what you do in your marriage and family." Honestly, all I want to grow up to be is a mother. I can think of no greater profession that would fulfill me as much as this could. 

There is just one problem. I don't really have the skills to be a good mother and while I am learning through different experiences I have realized that I need to be intentional in my preparation just as I need to be intentional in what I do in my marriage and family.

Now, I don't know when the right guy will come into my life, but by golly, he better watch out because I am going to be prepared to fulfill my calling!

I got to interview my aunt and uncle Pence this last weekend and it was a really cool experience. They have been married 32 years and have raised 6 kids and when I asked them over the 32 years they have been married if they have been happy they immediately said yes. Their faces beamed and when the interview was over my aunt looked at me and said that the longer they are married the stronger her love grows for her husband. I believe that this is the message of the Gospel. Love is eternal. Families are eternal. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. 

Well, there are my random thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head. 

Happy Halloween!

Mine and Adriana's Pumpkins
Members of the Inspiration Choir
Our October Social
My first time making Pumpkin Pie
It was a success!
Joshy and Beka ready to go Trick-or-treating
Joshy is such a cheese ball!

No comments