Love

A very valuable lesson that I learned at BYU-Idaho is that we should always be seeking for truth. The Lord has placed truth everywhere in our lives it is our responsibility to search for it. I believe that truth is what makes us happy. The gospel of Jesus Christ is truth. That is the reason why it brings complete joy into my life. Truth is testified to our spirits by the Holy Ghost that is why it brings peace and comfort. 

Love: an act of work and courage.

Sister Twiggs, my substitute institute teacher, defined love as this. When she wrote this on the board I felt all of the peace and comfort and joy that accompanies truth. Love is work. True love is work. I have watched my sisters love their husbands and the dedication they devote to this relationship is inspiring. Watching them work so hard I have realized that this is not always easy, but I have seen them exercise faith and courage and reap the blessings of staying true to their covenants. There have been other couples and even other relationships that have taught me the same thing. 

Lately, I have felt overwhelming love from my Savior. I have felt such deep gratitude for the life that he has provided me. Learning this new definition of love has made me reflect on how much work the Lord has truly done and does for me to feel his love. He sacrificed all that he had for each individual human our Heavenly Father has created. At this time in my life I am planning. I am hoping and dreaming of all the things my life can hold. When I think about the courage that it would take for me to give up all of my dreams so others can live theirs I can just barely begin to understand the love that the Lord has for me. 

This is the truth that I have been taught. It has greatly added to my happiness. I hope that you seek for truth and experience the joy that it offers. Truth=knowledge=progression=happiness.  

 

1 comment

  1. I love this post. I love the definition of love...it's true! I love you!

    ReplyDelete